Day 2: Release the ball on target

This video is self explanatory. Not just about release, but some basic common sense about some bad things we all do in our golf swings…that make no sense at all in the context I show.

Link to GolfSwingSurgeon.com

8 Responses to “ “Day 2: Release the ball on target”

1. shoot54today says:

Three minutes was enough for me. You are a Flippin’ genius. Off to a meeting.
    Nice work. Thanks.

2. Cal says:

Brilliant – as usual. Your explanations are not over-simplifications they have an elegant simplicity – which is a rare gift. Thank you.

If I ever work out how to use my camera phone I’ll send money.

3. gwlee7 says:

This is the best explanation of release and how to do it I have ever seen. If you do this, your shots can’t be but so bad. They should at least be dry, closer to the hole, and able to be found. :)

4. geoff duncan says:

Good analogy.

5. Peter Balogh says:

This so simple that its almost stupid. I think you open a hell lot of eyes with this stupid little Ball LOL Well done coach!

6. momentum says:

Hi Monte,

I use this ball-drill to train the right hand position during the swing. Especially the position of the thumbs, up to the air, down to the ground. Its also good to train the constant shoulder-arm triangle during the entire swing.

Best regards,
    Stefan

7. Christian says:

I really like this video. It makes it really obvious that some of the contortions I contemplate when working on my swing are just not right. I even think if you were throwing the ball for distance you wouldn’t hold the lag, etc.. You’d just make a nice athletic, simple motion and heave it out there. Happily that’s the direction I’m heading with my golf swing after working with Monte this last year.

Thanks,