Organize a free clinic

First off, I appreciate all the support I received even though my putting resembled Ray Charles driving NASCAR. I was having fun and made a few birdies after I adjusted, but my adjustment was way too slow.

More golf for Monte needed. I can say it’s all mental for me now.

My daughter is fine. No concussion, just a nasty bump. For those that didn’t see the update yesterday, that is why I WD’d.

On to today’s topic.

This year, I am going to do free clinics. My wife works for Southwest, so I can fly free and I can go about anywhere for the price of a hotel room and a rental car for a day.

If you can organize one in your area with a course willing to host it, promote it and get people there. Maybe the local PGA will sanction it for the local pros as part of their yearly class attendance. I will be entering the program soon as well.

I’ll come out there, bust some drives, hit a few trick shots, talk about golf and the swing, tell a few stories, answer questions and take a look at a few people’s swings.

Here are my motives. It’s fun to do, I want to make people better at golf and enjoy it more…and build “my brand.”

It is a win win for everyone. The course gets to bring traffic to their facility and provide a free service to the community. The golfers in that area will be exposed to the latest, simplest and best :-D ideas about the swing and golf instruction out there.

I get exposure.

Spread the word.

Email me if you are interested and have a facility in mind.

monte.scheinblum@yahoo.com

13 Responses to “ “Organize a free clinic”

1. Bob says:

I will check today about coming to NE Ohio in May or June, and get back to you with some open dates. Thanks Monte!

2. Wally says:

Monte look up the villages in central florida, their website is http://www.thevillages.com.
    Nine championship, thirty executive(with 200yd par 3’s). 504 holes of golf. 70000+ residents.

3. Exilgolfer says:

Does Southwest fly to Sweden? I’ll get you a lot of people :)

4. cdnmike says:

Monte,

How many over par were you when you WDed yesterday? I see that -1 is the number that you would have had to shoot.

Mike

• Plus 5 with 8 to play.

Three 3 putts, a 4 putt and an OB in the first 7 holes will get you a few over.

Sad too, because the shots that usually give me trouble on that course I got through.

The putting was dumb. Not bad putting, just not adjusting to a shorter stroke for the faster greens.

• cdnmike says:

Just remember when you are playing next Thursday that you don’t have to go super low to make it to the next stage. I bet around -1 makes it all the time. Par is a good score.

• I have no preconceptions about score. I am working on getting comfortable and getting out of my own way.

If do those things, what happened yesterday turns into a qualifying score.

As far as your question from a previous post..I am doing the Tour qualifyings because they are close. LA and San Diego are less than an hour drive to those events and Phoenix, i can visit a friend and try that one for the price of a rental car.

I need to get comfortable playing tournament golf again. Since 2008 I have played in 5 or 6 total.

I am not putting poorly, just wasn’t prepared.

Like I said, it’s all mental for me. It sounds dumb, but I am good enough today to qualify and make the cut in a Tour event physically.

I am not good enough mentally to win a $2 nassau against a 5 handicvap even up on some days…LOL.

I am going to shoot some 75s, 78s and 80s when the course is setup tough and will just shoot 67 one day and I will be fine from there on. I need to do it once to remember how easy it is. Because a lot of failure in the past has made it seem hard.

Like I said…mental.

• cdnmike says:

I understand that. Hard to get over the mental part with limited reps though. I guess that’s what I was referring to. Playing a few tournament rounds a year won’t get it done.

When the tournament rounds are rare, the rounds become a big deal.

• You understand perfectly. That is exactly it. I will get past it, but will struggle until then. It’s part of the process, just like when I speak about swing changes.

You make the proper effort and you get better at some point.

5. woody says:

I hope these clinics get taped. I just watched a good clinic by Moe Norman on Youtube, 49 minutes. Later, you might want to make them (or excerpts) available for pay.

Natural Golf had a buyout, and people who now own the rights to some Moe videos have removed them from Youtube, available now only to subscribers. They’ve taken down over a half-hour’s worth of Moe, that I know of.

6. The question is Monte, would you have left to tend to your daughter had you been -5 instead of +5? Just kidding, glad to hear she is OK. I always freak out when my son gets a boo boo too.